Transcribed by Dean Hunter, September 20, 2002
Record of the Last Will and Testament of Willard B. Parsons, deceased
Be it remembered, That heretofore, to wit: on the 3rd day of October in the year of our lord one thousand nine hundred and seven, William B. Parsons, the Executor named in the Last Will and Testament of Willard Parsons, late of the Town of Franklin in the County of Delaware, deceased, appeared in open court before the surrogate of the County of Delaware, and made application to have the said Last Will and Testament which relates to both Real and Personal Estate, proved: and on such application the said Surrogate did ascertain by satisfactory evidence who were the heirs at law and next of kin of said testator and their respective residences, and said Surrogate did thereupon issue a citation in due form of law, directed to the heirs at law and next of kin by their respective names requiring them to appear before said Surrogate at his office in the Village of Delhi in said County, on the 20th day of November A.D. 1907, to attend the probate of said Will.
And afterwards, to wit: on the 20th day of November A.D. 1907, satisfactory evidence by affidavit was produced and presented to said Surrogate, of the due service of said Citation in the mode prescribed by law, and on that day the proponents having appeared in support of the probate of said Will, and no one appearing to oppose the probate of the same, such proceedings were thereupon had in said Court that the said Surrogate took the proofs of said Will hereinafter set forth upon this 20th day of November A.D. 1907, and he thereupon adjudged the said will to be a valid Will of Real and Personal Estate, and proof thereof to be sufficient, which said Last Will and Testament and proofs, are as follows, that is to say:
Last Will and Testament of Willard Parsons:
I, Willard Parsons of New York City, being of sound deposing mind and memory do make and order this my Will and Last Testament in manner and form following, to wit:-
I will that all my just debts and funeral expenses be paid out of my estate by my executor hereinafter named.
(1) I give devise and bequeath all my stock, right and interest The Hubert Apartment Association, 226 West 59 St., N.Y.City to such of my Nephews and Nieces as shall me survive, in equal shares; subject however to the power of sale & distribution of proceeds arrising(sic) from such sale hereinafter confessed upon my executor.
I hereby authorize and empower my said executor to sell by public or private sale, when two years following my deceas(sic), in his best discretion, my said interest in The Hubert Apartment Association & to distribute the net proceeds arrising(sic) from such sale among my surviving Nephews & Nieces as herein before stated.
(2) I give and bequeath to my Niece May E Parsons absolutely the sum of two thousand dollars $2,000 requesting her, however, to divide & actually pay over semi annually the income arrising(sic) therefrom to her father Timothy Parsons during his lifetime.
(3) I give & bequeath to my niece Isabella Bush absolutely the sum of two thousand dollars $2,000 requesting her, however, to divide & actually pay over semi annually the income arrising(sic) therefrom to her father Edwin S Parsons during his lifetime.
(4) I give & bequeath to my niece Emma Caulkins all my royal Worcester table china.
(5) I give & bequeath to my Niece Isabella Bush all my Copeland table china & the silver sugar bowl & cream pitcher from Egypt.
(6) I give & bequeath to my Niece May E Parsons all my remaining china.
(7) I give & bequeath to each of the following named nieces viz. Emma Caulkins, Elizabeth Young, Kate Dewey one of my oriental rugs. In case no memorandum is found indicating the particular rug intended, my executor is authorized to make the selections.
(8) I give & bequeath to my nephew Addison J Parsons one of my oriental rugs, my diamond scarf pin and my mothers oil portrait
(9) I give & bequeath to my Nephew Leslie B Parsons my pearl scarf pin.
(10) I give & bequeath to the first Congregational Church of Franklin, N.Y. the sum of Three hundred dollars $300. for a permanent investment, the interest to be used for current expenses.
(11) I give devise & bequeath all the remainder of my property of every kind & description to my nephew William B Parsons who is as a son to me. I know I can rely on him to make souvenir gifts from my possessions- In the Franklin home, to various friends & relations according to directions I have given him at various times.
(12) I hereby constitute and appoint my nephew William B Parsons Executor of this my Last Will & Testament
(13) I desire that Sarah Shepherd be suitably rewarded for her faithful service to me & care of the Franklin home
I hereby revoke any & all former Wills & Codicils heretofore by me made.
In witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand and seal at Franklin NY this 14 day of Febr 1906
signed Willard Parsons
Signed, sealed and published & pronounced by said Willard Parsons as and for his last Will & Testament in the presence of us who are present and in the presence of each other have hereinto subscribed our names as witnesses thereto
Charles W Howard
Frederick B Rose